Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ramsey

This Thanksgiving our family has so much to be thankful for. Our biggest thanks is for our new baby boy. Ramsey Whatley Alexander! He is precious, perfect, healthy and adorable! I am enjoying every minute of being a new mother again. especially seeing the joy in Kalebs face. He loves his new baby brother. He is so good with him. He loves kissing him and every little baby sound that Ramsey makes, Kaleb busts out laughing! Its so sweet!
Ramsey's due date was actually the 22ND of November. But I went to my doctors for just the routine check up that week and i was complaining to him how uncomfortable I was and I said, "ugh! I just want him out right now!" I did but not really because I wanted to have my mom in town first... so when what I thouhgt all he was doing was checking my cervix, what he really did was strip my membrane....yeah but he told me after the fact....and he said,"that should get things moving right along." yep, thats when the contractions started. But they went away that night so I didnt think much of it. That next morning they were so strong that I packed the hospital bag, cleaned the house, and Craig cleaned the car out and put the car seat in just in case. The contractions didn't seem so scary and I felt healthy and in a really good mood all day. Just to be sure we when into the hospital anyway. (not without stopping for one last food craving of a whopper Jr) Craig thought they were going to send me home because he didn't believe I was actually in labor (because I was being so tough! :) however...The nurse checked me out and then said, "uh, you need to get into the delivery room right now!!!" we were shocked! and then Ramsey was with us about 2 1/2 hours later! everything went amazing!




















1 comment:

  1. What a sweet family! We miss you guys. It's so nice to see that you are all doing well and are healthy!

    ReplyDelete